OYSTER PRIVACY STATEMENT
OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information” is information that identifies you as a natural person or relates to an identifiable natural person. We may collect and process the following Personal Information:
- Personal contact information such as name, address, telephone number and email address;
- Business contact information such as business address, telephone number and email address;
- Information necessary to provide services or products to you;
- Comments and opinions you provide when you contact us directly by email, telephone or mail;
- Payment and transaction information for billing purposes.
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual. We may collect and process the following Other Information:
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION
We and our service providers may collect Personal Information online in a variety of ways in connection with our services or products, including:
- Through our websites (“Websites”);
- Through social media properties (“Our Social Media”);
- Through extranet sites made available to our clients and third parties (“Extranet Sites”);
- Through services we provide to our corporate and institutional clients (“services”); and
- Through our registration process for newsletters, seminars, webinars and events.
- We also may collect Personal Information offline in a variety of ways in connection with our, including
- When you participate in a contractual arrangement for services or products;
- When you provide information in conjunction with our services or products; or
- When you interact with us at an event.
- We also may collect Personal Information from other sources, including:
Publicly available databases;
Joint marketing partners and event sponsors, when they share the information with us;
Other entities or franchisees to which we provide products and services;
Referral sources; and Social media platforms.
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including: Through your browser or device:
Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your devices, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the services (such as the App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the computer that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the services, pages visited, language preferences and other traffic data. We do not currently respond to browser do-not-track signals.
Using pixel tags and other similar technologies
Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the services and response rates.
You will be given the option at each website to opt-out of being tracked by cookies.
Your IP address is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses our systems, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other systems. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the systems. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We and our service providers use Personal Information for legitimate business purposes, including:
- Providing Products and Services.
- To contact individuals (including employees of institutional clients) in connection with providing products and services.
- To respond to inquiries and fulfil requests from our clients and others, administer their file(s), provide products and services and manage our relationships.
- We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
- Providing you with our marketing materials and facilitating social sharing
- To send you our offers, newsletters, publications, updates, and mailings related to our products or services that we think may be of interest to you.
- To fulfill your event or accommodation registration requests and provide goods and services and resort services.
- To send you information about our products and services and other news about products or services which we have reason to believe will be of interest to you.
- We will engage in this activity with your consent or where we have a legitimate interest.
- Providing the functionality of our Products and Services and fulfilling your requests
- To provide our products and services functionality to you, such as arranging access to your registered account, and providing you with related goods and services.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, when you contact us via one of our online contact forms or otherwise (e.g. when you send us questions, suggestions, compliments or complaints, or when you request other information about our products or services).
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding our products and services, guarantees and warranties and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- We will engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
Accomplishing our business purposes
- For data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of our goods and services and the quality of our products.
- For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements.
- For fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft.
- To meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
- For enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services.
- For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our products and services are of most interest to customers.
- For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our customers.
- For operating and expanding our business activities, for example, understanding which parts of our services or products are of most interest to our customers so we can focus our energies on meeting our customers’ interests.
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
HOW WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We disclose Personal Information:
- Oyster Bath Conceptsis the party responsible for the management of the jointly-used Personal Information.
- To our third-party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us
- These can include providers of services such as website hosting, services-related consulting and monitoring, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other services.
- By using our Services, you may elect to disclose Personal Information
- On message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and content (including, without limitation, our Social Media), or through which you are able to send messages through the systems. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these systems will become public and may be available to other users and the general public.
- We also use and disclose your Personal Information as necessary or appropriate, especially when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- To comply with applicable law and regulations including laws outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with public and government authorities, including authorities outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with law enforcement.
- For other legal reason such as to enforce our terms and conditions and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- In connection with a sale, merger or business transaction.
WHAT CHOICES YOU HAVE
You have choices regarding marketing-related communications. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by following the unsubscribe instructions in any such message or by contacting us by email. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
SECURITY OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data which is transmitted to or from the Service. Any transmission is at your own risk.
HOW TO CONTACT US