You would have probably experienced or heard about either one of them- the spa, or the hot bathtub. But, most people confuse them to be the same. However, there are some similarities between them but they are entirely different from each other.
- Typically the spa pools are small heated pools. They are usually built into the ground and their maintenance is somewhat similar to that of a swimming pool. The tile cleaning, water chemical balance, and cleaning filters and jets are just similar to that of a swimming pool.
- The spa offers many health benefits. The belief in the curative power of the spas goes back to prehistoric times.
The hot bathtub
- The hot bathtubs are above the ground and they are typically used outside on the decking area. They are above the ground and can be moved, if needed. The outdoor hot tubs are exposed to sun, wind, and rain. Therefore, it is important to protect and clean them regularly. Filters should also be regularly checked and cleaned.
- The hot bathtubs also date back in time. In Japan, the Furo was very popular. It was a wooden tub filled with very hot water, which was used for relaxation. In America, the hot bathtubs were originally made from cast off wine casks.
- A hot tub is not a spa neither it is a whirlpool bath. This is one of the main confusions that usually arise. It is a wooden tub with not much of any technical equipment.
- This is the how the spa tub and the hot bath tub is different from each other. Apart from them, there is a third type of bathtub, that is the Whirlpool bath tub. You may tend to get a little confused regarding this too.
Whirlpool Bath tub
- A whirlpool bathtub is not much different from a spa bath tub. It is just a little smaller in size and can accumulate two people at a time.
- Whirlpool bathtubs has the technology of jets, just like a spa tub, through which the water moves around in strong currents to massage a person’s body. A whirlpool bath exposes all the part of the body to forceful whirling currents of hot water.